Missy D is a radio personality that has become a household name. A talent that does not cease to amaze and inspire her audiences.
Missy D is a name that is hugely regarded in the British Asian media. She is a young British Asian woman, well established in the Brit Asian scene with a huge fan base of dedicated, loyal followers. Her radio career spans over 15 years.
She bought the flagship Breakfast Show on Club Asia Radio, London to a whole new level. Her very unique style and huge, warm personality brings her to the forefront of radio broadcasting. Radio presenting is Missy D’s passion and it naturally shows when you hear her on the radio. A very versatile presenter is what she has been described as, who is at ease with any target audience.
Her efforts, patience, hard work and determination have indeed been recognized. At mainstream level, she was nominated at the Arquiva 2005 CRCA Awards in the much coveted category of ‘Radio Personality of the Year’ Award. She made her mark in history as being the first ever British Asian female to have ever been nominated in this category. She also made history the year before that, by being the only British Asian female nominated in the category of ‘Radio Presenter of the Year’ at the UK Asian Music Award’s 2004.
MisSyD has built up a massive following of fans and admirers who simply adore her style and connection to her. As well as thousands of fans she is admired by the likes of Meera Syal, Nina Wadia, Juhi Chawla, Rani Mukerjee, Manoj Bajpai, Shabana Azmi, Adnan Sami, JuggyD, Jay Sean,Ameet Chana, just to mention a few. Her celebrity interviews are much talked about and requested due to Missy D’s unique way of conducting and producing her interviews.
A perfectionist in her own right, she always looks to inspire rather than impersonate.
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MISSY D:
- She loves Bollywood music and film.
- She has worked on many radio stations since starting her career, which include Radio XL, Sabras Radio, Club Asia Radio, Buzz Asia Radio
- Was a regular contributor on the BBC television show Cafe 21 with Rajesh Mirchandani
- She hails from Coventry, but has made her mark in London.
- She is besotted by singer Adnan Sami.
- She has always maintained the highest listenership figures at any radio station that she has worked at.
- She is a fantastic compere, host, commercial voiceover and inspirational speaker.
- She made the saying “My Hot Sweet Sticky Jalebi” globally famous.
- She is an expert in presenting in a hinglish, a good mix of English mixed with Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu.
- Was head-hunted by ‘Buzz Asia Radio’ in Sept 2009 who took over from Club Asia Radio to present the ‘Breakfast Show’ and take up the position of ‘Station Manager’
- She is a versatile Voice-over artist, having voiced and produced many ads for the ‘Litt Corporation’, and recently voiced the Punjabi DVD for ‘My Desi Guru’. (www.mydesiguru.com)
- She is a fully qualified make-up artist trained by The Lubna Rafiq Academy
- She is a professional photographer after studying Media Communications and Photography to BA(Hons) level
- She is a newly qualified primary school teacher.
- She is a qualified Hair and Make-Up Artist trained by Lubna and Uzma Rafiq
She has trained many well-known radio presenters who made their mark in the Brit-Asian radio industry